SAFE USE OF RESPIRATOR AND RESPIRATOR PROGRAM
FOR THE DEPT. OF PUBLIC WORKS EMPLOYEES
VILLAGE OF NASHVILLE
1. S.C.B.A. (Self-contained Breathing Apparatus) shall be provided by the employer for the workers.
2. The employee must be in good health and physically able
to perform the work necessary.
3. The employee shall use the S.C.B.A.
4. The S.C.B.A. will be stored in the
office of the W.W.T.P. and taken to the job site.
The Supt., Assistant Supt., or the person in charge at the time of needed use will be in charge.
6. The training will be covered by the Supt. or Assistant Supt. and or outside qualified people.
7. Disciplinary action will be handled by the Village Council.
8. The S.C.B.A. #'s A. Scot Aviation
No. 13E-08, one half hr. and a Bio. Marine Bio.-pack 45 No. TC-13F-27, 40 Min.
9. Standby people will be present whenever the S.C.B.A is in use (Covered in confined space entry program)
Proper use of equipment will be covered in the monthly
Face piece Assembly
Cylinder and Valve Assembly
Back Frame and Harness Assembly
of last Cylinder Test
sure the Cylinder is full
the S.C.B.A. has not been used clean it. It should be cleaned
after every time it is used.
In an emergency operation use the respirator as any other time.
If the regulator stops working: Open the by-pass (read knob) counterclockwise
and adjust the air flow to sufficiently supply the requirements of the user, and exit the space as quickly as possible.
Be sure and use common sense.